Everyone seems to want more money. It’s the #1 reason couples fight. It’s been known to be the root of all evil. But I’d like to break something down simply so you can know the great creator you are. Since everything, when broken down into its simplest form, is energy, this means money is just energy, right? If everything is energy, that also means you and I are energy. So, let’s see. Money = me. You’re just merely a reflection of one another. Ever heard money only makes you more of what you are? So true! Quite literally. The only real problem then is in the seeming separation just as in our relationships with others. For example, upper class and lower class separates us just as any judgment. Why is it we’re willing to pay to help out our family (those considered our blood), but less inclined to pay a friend’s bill? When we choose, instead, to view relationships and money through God’s eyes, we will attract money and wonderful relationships into our lives exponentially with momentum. Here are two exercises to help you cultivate both:
REALIZE THE ABUNDANCE IN WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE
Take whatever amount of money you have currently and list all the ways you could spend it. Consider things you really want and think you can’t have and list creative ways you know you could actually get those things if you were creative enough, took the time, and took the effort to get them. This will help you feel empowered that you could actually and truly have anything you want right here and right now… today! Even if you only have $1.00 (and everyone does), think of all the ways you could spend it. You could:
- buy paperclips
- buy toenail clippers
- two candy bars
- pay for a load of laundry
- get enough gas to take you across town
- give it away
- take a bus
- buy a notepad
- buy a pen
- buy a card for someone
- buy some stamps
- almost anything at a dollar store
- a few copies at Staples
- a song off Amazon
- a really cheap used book
- a can of soup, etc.
This way it becomes more about what you choose to spend it on rather than whether or not you can afford it. And that’s with just ONE dollar! Look at all that abundance… all those options! Play this game with yourself and see what you come up with and feel GREAT about the money you do have. Even money you owe can be viewed as abundance. Learn to see it as that so you hold your vibration high around the subject of money. See your debt as evidence of how truly supported you are that you have been able to provide yourself with so many wonderful things and don’t even need to pay it back yet. It’s like God himself loaned you the money so you could enjoy your life now and know he will give you enough money to pay it all back if you just view every bit of it as positively as you can since we know like energy attracts like.
GIVE EVERYTHING AWAY AS IF EVERYONE ELSE IS YOU
Now this is the key most people miss. The universe or God doesn’t differentiate one person from another and say this one is more important than that one. He’s not up there taking a tally on who’s more deserving of his love or more money. Energy flows much like water and goes with the past of least resistance. Therefore, when we choose to see giving to others as equal to giving to ourselves, we demonstrate not only our trust and faith in the money coming back to us tenfold (just as when we give to someone, it feels incredible), but we show the universe anything given to us won’t just stop there… it will flow unto all his children without discrimination! You become a conduit for an outpouring of abundance. And this giving doesn’t have to be financial. I encourage you to make a list, therefore, of all the ways in which you give to show yourself proof and evidence that, indeed, you will continue to receive and be supported.
Here are some examples:
- Spending money can be seen as abundance. Spend! You support the business, you pay those employees’ wages, and you support the community by spending money. Powerful!
- Staying happy no matter your circumstances or situations that occur in your world. Keeping your vibration high effects not only what you’re drawing to you, but everyone you interact with as well. You become a light in your community effecting everyone indirectly and directly with your smile and radiant energy (including those who madden you).
- Offer your services for free or exchange/trade services with someone.
- If you are a receptionist and know of someone struggling to make a business get on it’s feet, volunteer to help them for an hour once a week answering phones, helping them get organized, help them be more efficient at their email correspondence, help with computer issues, etc.
- Teach something on Facebook or in a public place that you know really well. This will boost your confidence, help you feel good, make others feel good, and whatever you teach, you reinforce in yourself! The teacher is also always a student as well.
- Give something away instead of selling it.
- If someone invites you to go do something, do it! It’ll make them feel really good. I had a client leave a session once then come back and few minutes later wanting to go look at a nativity scene. I jumped on it and immediately went. You just never know where life is leading you! It turned out to be a wonderful time and, though I thought I didn’t have the time to do it, it ended up working out perfectly and my next door neighbor ended up buying me dinner and having it ready for me when I got home so saved me time making dinner!
- Pet sit or house sit. What pet owner doesn’t need this? Then they can sit for you as well.
- When you’re given food, give it away (not just to your FAMILY… give to friends & strangers)!
- If you have extra money, give it to a friend who’s struggling.
- If you owe a friend money, pay them back as soon as possible.
- Don’t complain on Facebook… uplift!
- Cultivate your chi by doing qigong daily. When you cultivate and build your own energy up, you can help others around you as well.
- Give friendly smile or perform a random act of kindness. I love buying peoples’ groceries.
- If someone is alone grocery shopping or have their hands full, offer to help them.
In the book "The Abundance Book" by John Randolph Price, he defines money as this: "Money is my own natural energy yield."
Natural = God-given, genuine, normal, an essential essence."
Energy = vigor of expression, cosmic forces (each is the very universe personified)
Yield = harvest, return, payment
So, money is my very essence, which when properly expressed, returns to me as an all-sufficiency of legal tender, to be used in exchange for goods and services.
Affirm this: "Through my consciousness of my God Self, the Christ within, as my Source, I draw into my mind and feeling nature the very substance of Spirit. This substance is my supply; thus, my consciousness of the Presence of God within me is my supply."
These are just a few ideas, but list all the ways you give on a daily basis and maybe even add some new ideas. Always be thinking in terms of giving. The more in-service-to-others minded we become, the more abundant and supportive our own lives become. It’s just a natural law. I dare you to try and prove this wrong!
“Wealth is the ability to fully experience life” ~ Henry David Thoreau
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or feedback. Namaste.
TO ATTRACT MONEY
TURQUOISE = Thought to increase Wisdom. An old ritual utilized Turquoise to gain wealth: Perform this rite a few days after the New Moon when the crescent is first visible in the sky. Avoid looking at the Moon until the proper time. Hold a Turquoise in your hand. Visualize your magical need -- money -- manifesting in your life. Move outside and look at the Moon. Then directly shift your gaze to the Turquoise. The magic has begun. Carry the stone with you until the money arrives.
CITRINE + PYRITE = These two are often used together to create powerful manifestation. Pyrite is very grounding and protective as well as being a great tool for manifestation. They both (together or separately) draw happiness, creativity, and power to those who use it with intention. Citrine is especially used to manifest abundance and money. Hold one piece in each hand during meditation and you can also choose a particular affirmation or visualization to focus upon. Citrine has been called the "merchant stone." It assists in both acquiring and maintaining wealth.
ROSE QUARTZ = Assists natural power and ability to create, focuses your attention on prosperity and abundance, helps attracts abundance of all kinds, promotes lighter, happier attitudes, reminds you to act on your dreams with trust, reminds you that there is always more coming, and assists in erasing "I can't do it" thoughts and feelings.
RED GARNET = A stone that brings productivity along with the characteristics of happiness and abundance. Garnets can bring prosperity in your career. Particularly good for women for business or career success.
FLUORITE = Innovative and inventive, it is a highly effective “brain” stone, allowing you to use your creativity to build wealth. Particularly good for women in career combined with Garnet.
CARNELIAN = brings Action and Motivation. It is the most powerful "Call - to-Action" stone for focusing, realization and self-actualization of dreams and goals. Like Moss Agate, it stimulates analytical capabilities and precision, and also helps to revel your hidden or latent talents by stimulating your curiosity and inquisitiveness.
JADE = Has been considered an Abundance stone for centuries.
BLACK JADE = Helps us to control our greed or need for control by instilling wisdom in the use of personal power.
BLOODSTONE = Inspires harmony through prosperity consciousness and a willingness for abundance. Instills the courage to follow your dreams.
RUBY = The energy here stimulates wealth and provides protection so that your wealth never departs.
TOPAZ = Known as the stone of "love and success in all endeavors" accomplished by releasing doubts and trusting in the universe. Topaz opens the door to unlimited opportunities by helping you to understand the cycle of giving and receiving. You attract prosperity and abundance with this stone and then manifest it.
TIGER EYE = Is here to stimulate wealth and prosperity and once gained help you retain it. As a power stone Tiger Eye has a wonderful reputation for attracting people that can help you in your career or goals, wealth, money & luck. A grounding stone that guides you in creating the stability needed to maintain your wealth.
GREEN TOURMALINE = Channels and uses personal energy for the accomplishment of goals, especially in the area of creativity and prosperity.
OPAL = Promotes the ability to both earn and retain money.
PYROMORPHITE = This stone brings a freshness in attitude as it stimulates your personal power. It attracts money or energy in the form of goods.
IOLITE = With all the money you will be attracting you may not need this stone. Iolite works well in the elimination of debt.
MOSS AGATE = Strength and beauty in all you do comes with this stone that also has been known to attract prosperity and riches into your life.AMETHYST = Helps your business affairs prosper, and encourages the spiritual side of your life, where you begin to share your abundance, success and opportunity with others.
PERIDOT = Is the Money Stone. Wear it to draw money and opportunity your way. Put Peridot in your cash box along with Citrine. Peridot will help to draw money to you, and Citrine will help to keep it once you get it! Stimulates opportunity, improves your leadership skills and helps you respond to challenges on an instinctive level - allowing you to make quick, confident decisions. Wonderful motivation - action stone for entrepreneurs and the self employed who have that pioneering - "Go get 'emSpirit!". Aventurine is a Luck and Chance stone, drawing Universal forces to turn the tie in your favor.